CUIONS™ ANTI-AGING + ANTI-MASKNE MASK WITH NANOPARTICLE TECHNOLOGY UPF 50+ BROAD SPECTRUM
(OPTIONAL SELF-CLEANING BIOCIDAL STORAGE POUCH)
An original biofunctional textile mask design¹ with skin therapeutic benefits as seen on the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology by Dr. Teo Wan Lin incorporating design elements to provide an effect fit to prevent droplet spread² in the COVID-19 pandemic
CUIONS 2.0 JUNE 2022 New Launch
Enhanced Filtration with 99% BFE with NanoMask Filter. Comes with 10 pc NanoMask Filter.
The CUIONS™ copper silk face mask contains copper nanoparticle impregnated fabric in 2 layers for enhanced filtration. It is rigorously lab tested for the active release of copper ions that are biocidal and clinically effective for anti-ageing – by promoting collagen production and reducing pigmentation. It is also certified for anti-microbial functions to actively prevent and treat mask acne. The CUIONS™ silk face mask has been specifically engineered to attain UPF50 certification*, the gold standard in UV-protective fabrics.
100% CUIONS™ Copper Fibre in gold with synthetic silk (polyester derivative) in 2 layers for enhanced filtration. Available in OSMIUM BLUE™
Droplet resistance tested equivalent to surgical mask for daily use.
Form fitted with adjustable ear loops (latex-free).
Perfect fit guarantee: one size design tailored to accommodate all face shapes and sizes for optimal comfort and protection. Non-tug on skin or ears. Suitable for broad-spectrum UV-protection for prevention of photo-ageing and in photosensitive conditions i.e. rosacea, eczema, lupus, post-laser/chemical peel, acne sufferers on photosensitising medications.
[Sweat/Water/Splash Resistant] Suitable for Pre/Post Sports
[Anti-Ageing] Copper ions stimulate collagen production/reduce wrinkles
[Bactericidal] [Self-Cleaning]⁵ Prevents mask acne/Anti-odour
[UV-Protective] Certified UPF 50+ with UV-Protection for Melasma, Pigmentation
*UPF 50+ qualifies for excellent protection according to the Skin Cancer Foundation Seal of Recommendation guidelines. A UPF 50 fabric blocks 98 percent of the sun’s rays and allows two percent (1/50th) to penetrate, thus reducing your exposure risk to UVA and UVB radiation, which cause photoaging, pigmentation and skin cancers. Source: https://www.skincancer.org/skin-cancer-prevention/sun-protection/sun-protective-clothing/
**Laboratory studies show 99.9 percent reduction in Staphylocuccus Aureus upon contact with CUIONS™ copper fibre.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Droplet Filtration: Equivalent droplet filtration to surgical mask
For Acne Prone Skin – Dermatologist Recommends:
Maskne treatment with Blemish Spot Cream and Anti-Acne Zinc Oxide Loose Powder. These are non-irritating (inert formulations) that will not increase skin irritation when worn and is suitable to be worn under a face mask. Usage of retinoids/benzoyl peroxide/salicylic acid formulations will have increased risk of irritant contact dermatitis when worn under a face mask.
Skincare makeup is recommended for use under our CUIONS™ Copper Mask
CellTalk™ Cosmeceutical CC cream
Feel Good™ Cosmeceutical Blush Cream to Powder/Lip-Cheek Stain
The LipSerum Stick
Recommended pimple cream for use under a fabric mask. Pimple creams which contain benzoyl peroxide/sulfur will bleach/stain the fabric. Use of retinol/retinoids/salicylic acid/AHA skincare ingredients while wearing a face mask will cause skin irritation¹.
AS SEEN ON
View this post on Instagram
CARE: Machine washable with regular detergent. Use delicates cycle with laundry bag to minimise wear and tear. Do not tumble dry. Do not use any fabric softeners when washing or drying. Do not use chlorine bleach as it may degrade the ear elastics over time. Wash prior to first use and daily thereafter, or between users, whichever comes first. After laundering and prior to use, inspect face mask for fabric integrity, do not use if there are rips or tears.
Precautions: Not for use in individuals with allergy to copper. ZINCOOL™ Anti-Maskne Oil Control Mask containing zinc nanoparticles is available for individuals allergic to copper*. Individuals should not use any form of facial masks when exercising, as this impairs the ability to breathe comfortably and could also result in lowered oxygenation levels10. Not for use in the presence of a high intensity heat source or flammable gas, or in high risk aerosol generating procedures. Do not use if damaged or if you have sensitivity to copper or polyester.
Disclaimer: While copper impregnated textiles have been shown to be effective in limited studies as antiviral agents effective against coronaviruses and respiratory viruses, Dr.TWL Biomaterials does not currently recommend the fabric mask for medical staff usage in high risk healthcare settings. The standard remains the surgical mask (suited for use with our LyoSilk Mask Slip) for droplet precautions and the N95 mask for airborne precautions. The CUIONS Copper Face Mask is intended for use by the general public to cover their noses and mouths, in accordance with CDC recommendations, to help prevent the spread of SARS-CoV-2, during the COVID-19 pandemic.
As the Copper Silk Face Masks are hand cut and sewn, please note that there may be slight differences between each piece, whilst maintaining the overall shape, fit and size.
*If you have a history of developing rashes to copper metals, the zinc nanoparticle fabric face mask is recommended. Allergy to copper is not common. If you develop rashes whilst wearing the mask, please discontinue use and consult an accredited dermatologist.
(1) Teo WL. Diagnostic and management considerations for “maskne” in the era of COVID-19. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2021;84(2):520-521. doi:10.1016/j.jaad.2020.09.063 (Pubmed)
(2) Teo W-L, Design elements in face masks can provide an effective fit to prevent droplet spread in reply to “Importance of nose wires in face masks”, Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology (2021), doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaad.2021.05.017. (Pubmed)
(3) Khorvash F, Abdi F, Kashani HH, Naeini FF, Narimani T. Staphylococcus aureus in Acne Pathogenesis: A Case-Control Study. N Am J Med Sci. 2012;4(11):573-576. doi:10.4103/1947-2714.103317. (Pubmed)
(4) Blicharz L, Rudnicka L, Samochocki Z. Staphylococcus aureus: an underestimated factor in the pathogenesis of atopic dermatitis?. Postepy Dermatol Alergol. 2019;36(1):11-17. (PubMed)
(5) G Borkow, J Gabbay, A Lyakhovitsky, M Huszar. Putting copper into action: copper-impregnated products with potent biocidal activities. FASEB J. 2004 Nov;18(14):1728-30. (PubMed)
(6) Gadi Borkow. Using Copper to Improve the Well-Being of the Skin. Curr Chem Biol. 2014 Aug; 8(2): 89–102. (PubMed)
(7) G Borkow, J Gabbay, A Lyakhovitsky, M Huszar. Improvement of facial skin characteristics using copper oxide containing pillowcases: a double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel, randomized study. Int J Cosmet Sci. 2009 Dec;31(6):437-43. (PubMed)
(8) Ji Hwoon Baek, Mi Ae Yoo, Jae Sook Koh, Gadi Borkow. Reduction of facial wrinkles depth by sleeping on copper oxide-containing pillowcases: a double blind, placebo controlled, parallel, randomized clinical study. Cosmet Dermatol. 2012 Sep;11(3):193-200. (PubMed)
(9) Navit Ogen-Shtern, Katerina Chumin, Guy Cohen, Gadi Borkow. Increased pro-collagen 1, elastin, and TGF-β1 expression by copper ions in an ex-vivo human skin model. J Cosmet Dermatol. 2020 Jun;19(6):1522-1527. (PubMed)
(10) World Health Organization. 2020. Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) advice for the public: Mythbusters. Retrieved from https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/myth-busters.