Maskne is a form of acne mechanica, due to occlusion of the skin surface. Healthy skin has a balance of good and bad germs, and this is also because there is air flow over the surface of the skin.
Our top tips are
- Use a biofunctional textile to protect your skin even when using it under a n95 mask
- Using a gentle antibacterial cleanser such as the Miel Honey Cleanser
- Use plant based or botanical formulas for spot acne treatment rather than benzoyl peroxide or retinoids to minimize irritation
- Always consider other possible diagnosis such as perioral dermatitis and eczema. If you are not better, do see a dermatologist
- Hydrocolloid patches can be helpful under masks for inflamed angry pimples
Administrator Changed status to publish January 17, 2023