Skincare & Cosmetic Ingredient Dictionary With Flashcards & Workbook
Why You Will Love This:
The Skincare Ingredient Dictionary: A Millennial Edit
Discover State-Of-The-Art Functional Dermatology
The must-have skincare ingredients handbook with the latest in bacterial ferment filtrates, aquaporin regulators and granactive retinoids. Created for skin experts, this book is jam-packed with core and specialised cosmetic formulation secrets by the chief scientific officer of leading Asian clinical skincare brand Dr TWL Dermaceuticals. Includes resources for creating a custom skincare line catered for small business owners or DIY beauty enthusiasts.
Ditch outdated textbook or dictionary-style rote learning, this is a course created for true content mastery—a skincare dictionary essential for millennial beauty experts
Become a skin expert under the Dr.TWL Skin Masters Program
- Optimised interactive learning program with workbook
- Systematic foundation building course created for true mastery
- Takes you from beginner/intermediate to advanced without difficulty
- Outstanding visuals for attention retention
- Content blueprints, speed guides for quick recap & reference
- Bullet-style lecture notes
- Flash cards(cut-out), mind-map method worksheets
- Module-specific video workshops & community access
Divided into 10 modules, the Skin Masters Program introduces must-know skincare actives in the context of skin physiology & functions, taught by a board-certified dermatologist.
What you’ll learn
- A-Z all-you-need-to-know comprehensive guide to state-of-the-art cosmeceuticals
- Shortform notes for quick recap & mastery
- Emphasis on knowledge application focused on skin concerns
- How to create custom formulated skincare safely & effectively, sourcing raw materials (small business, DIY beauty)
- Synthetic cosmeceuticals vs botanicals (function, subtypes, skin penetration, clinical studies)
- Master the gold standard* retinoid family of actives for all skin types without harming the skin barrier
- Core syllabus with detailed notes and course workbook (worksheets)
- Hyaluronic acid
- Polyglutamic acid
- Vitamin C
- Retinoid alternatives
- Hydroquinone & alternatives: kojic acid, arbutin
- Novel ingredients based on latest dermatological research
- Specialised syllabus organised according to skin function
- Sensitive skin & barrier repair: amino acids, aquaporin mediators
- Acne & rosacea: microbiome friendly botanicals
- Pigmentation: bacterial ferment filtrates
- Natural Moisturising Factors (NMF), Coenzyme Q10, Vitamin U
- Ethnobotanical dictionary (principles of Eastern, Ayurvedic ethnopharmacology & application to modern cosmetic formulation)
Additional Topics Covered
- How to choose skincare ingredients for your skin type
- Dermatologist’s guide to ingredient mixing & pairing
- Customising the ideal skincare regimen on a rotational basis for maximum efficacy
- Navigating ingredient safety in pregnancy & breastfeeding
- Formulation secrets to success
- Starting a skincare line (partner selection, social media marketing, templates & brand-building)
- Becoming a beauty influencer (personal branding, social media post content creation, building a loyal audience)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
From the Publisher
The Modern Skincare & Cosmetic Ingredient Dictionary With Flashcards & Workbook
- Written by board-certified dermatologist & chief scientific officer of leading beauty clinical skincare brand Dr.TWL Dermaceuticals
- Cosmetic formulation secrets of medical-grade skincare
- Novel teaching approach on skincare ingredients for true mastery
- Adapted for practical referencing for cosmetic/beauty entrepreneurs
- Includes access to video workshop on cosmetic ingredients for aestheticians and at-home treatments (3 hours)
Skincare ingredients 101
Traditional skincare dictionaries are outdated. Learn from the expert herself how to truly become a skincare professional—ditch rote learning for true mastery. Learn concepts fast with mind maps, flashcards and colorful visuals.
Dr.TWL offers an insider peek at never-before revealed formulation secrets behind one of Asia’s top clinical skincare brands.
How Custom Formulations Work
Understand key differences with mass-produced vs custom formulations, important cosmetic science principles behind custom set-up i.e. raw materials, GMP certifications, product efficacy.
Interactive Learning Approach With Full Color Workbook
Focus on the key skincare ingredients to know—Dr.TWL’s Skin Masters Program offers a step-by-step guided syllabus that emphasises true mastery of skincare ingredients, vs the traditional skincare dictionary style. Become a skincare coach—forget short term memory work, with this novel learning approach, the knowledge you acquire will stick with you.
Skincare Ingredients & Formulations Made Easy
Self-testing system with visual aides and quick reference charts make learning a breeze.
Brain Gym For Beauty Lovers
No heavy lifting required. This optimised interactive learning program with a guided workbook is created for all levels. Outstanding visuals with mind-map method worksheets for memory. Get access to 1-page content blueprints and summaries for quick recap.
Skincare Ingredient Flashcards
Cut-out flashcards make learning fun! Get confident with a self-testing system.
Sip A Cocktail While Learning?
Master skincare ingredients effortlessly with Dr.TWL’s personal formulation notes.
Ingredient workbook with blank space for writing & note-taking
Consolidate your knowledge and personalise your own visuals with full-color diagrams and charts.