Anti-Ageing Kimono in CUIONS™ GOLD
The unisex Anti-Aging Kimono in CUIONS™ Gold features a nanoparticle integrated biofunctional textile¹ woven into a luxurious garment with minimal seams for ultimate skin comfort and breathability.
Nanoparticle textiles are evidence-based¹⁻⁵ for use as adjunct treatment for eczema to normalize the skin microbiome, for reducing flare-ups and improving sleep quality. Anti-oxidant CUIONS™ stimulate collagen production, targeting skin wrinkles, ageing processes and maintain healthy skin barrier function⁶.
This textile is laboratory certified to be bactericidal**, killing bacteria, including Staphylococcus aureus⁷ upon contact with skin, maintaining a healthy skin microbiome. Staphylococcus aureus is a common bacterial commensal that triggers flare-ups in eczema.
It is currently used as adjunct treatment for body acne in our dermatology clinic.
100% CUIONS™ Synthetic Silk with anti-aging Copper Nanoparticles
This garment is woven with minimal seams and without tags to minimise irritation to skin.
Comes with Certificate of Authenticity from Dr. TWL Biomaterials.
[Anti-Aging] Reduction in skin wrinkles, anti-oxidant
Adjunct treatment of medical skin conditions*
[Eczema] [Body Acne] Target Skin Microbiome/Micro-climate
Copper nanoparticle impregnation is also backed by clinical studies⁷⁻¹⁰ to have active skincare properties (anti-wrinkle, anti-ageing) due to stimulation of collagen growth through contact with copper ions actively released on contact with skin. Data from two randomised controlled trials demonstrate statistically significant reduction in facial wrinkles after 2 weeks of exposure to copper oxide infused textile⁹⁻¹⁰.
*ongoing clinical trial by Dr.TWL Biomaterials, please contact email@example.com for more information if you suffer from eczema or body acne.
**Laboratory studies show 99.9 percent reduction in Staphylocuccus Aureus upon contact with CUIONS™ copper fibre.
AS SEEN ON
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Wear daily, preferably overnight for at least 8 hours of skin contact time.
CARE: This garment is engineered with self-cleaning textile technology that resists odour-causing bacterial growth. If visibly soiled/stained, hand wash or machine wash in laundry bag on delicates setting.
CAUTION: Not for use in individuals with allergy to copper metal. If irritation develops, stop use and consult a dermatologist.
(1) Teo WL. Diagnostic and Management Considerations for ‘Maskne’ in the Era of COVID-19 [published online ahead of print, 2020 Oct 1]. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2020;S0190-9622(20)32664-5. (PubMed)
(2) Srour J, Berg E, Mahltig B, Smolik T, Wollenberg A. Evaluation of antimicrobial textiles for atopic dermatitis. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2019;33;384–390. (PubMed)
(3) Hoefer D. A Real-Life Based Evaluation of the Effectiveness of Antibacterial Fabrics in Treating Atopic Dermatitis. Dermatol Res Pract. 2018;2018;8 pages. (ResearchGate)
(4) Wiegand C, Hipler UC, Boldt S, Strehle J, Wollina U. Skin-protective effects of a zinc oxide-functionalized textile and its relevance for atopic dermatitis. Clin Cosmet Investig Dermatol. 2013;6:115-121. doi:10.2147/CCID.S44865. (PubMed)
(5) Park KY, Jang WS, Yang GW, Rho YH, Kim BJ, Mun SK, Kim CW, Kim MN. A pilot study of silver-loaded cellulose fabric with incorporated seaweed for the treatment of atopic dermatitis. Clin Exp Dermatol. 2012;37(5):512-515. doi:10.1111/j.1365-2230.2011.04273.x. (PubMed)
(6) G Borkow, J Gabbay, A Lyakhovitsky, M Huszar. Putting copper into action: copper-impregnated products with potent biocidal activities. FASEB J. 2004 Nov;18(14):1728-30. (PubMed)
(7) Gadi Borkow. Using Copper to Improve the Well-Being of the Skin. Curr Chem Biol. 2014 Aug; 8(2): 89–102. (PubMed)
(8) Ogen-Shtern, N., Chumin, K., Cohen, G., & Borkow, G. (2020). Increased pro-collagen 1, elastin, and TGF-β1 expression by copper ions in an ex-vivo human skin model. Journal of cosmetic dermatology, 19(6), 1522–1527. (Pubmed)
(9) G Borkow, J Gabbay, A Lyakhovitsky, M Huszar. Improvement of facial skin characteristics using copper oxide containing pillowcases: a double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel, randomized study. Int J Cosmet Sci. 2009 Dec;31(6):437-43. (PubMed)
(10) Ji Hwoon Baek, Mi Ae Yoo, Jae Sook Koh, Gadi Borkow. Reduction of facial wrinkles depth by sleeping on copper oxide-containing pillowcases: a double blind, placebo controlled, parallel, randomized clinical study. Cosmet Dermatol. 2012 Sep;11(3):193-200. (PubMed)